We at Halli Trust, are a circle of friends working together, taking hands.
Together we stand for a cause that is very close to our hearts!
We are proud of who we are and what we stand for!
Therefore, we have a few Halli Trust guidelines for what we expect of you during your service as a Halli Trust volunteer.
We, at Halli Trust, expect you to:
- Be completely and totally honest on all levels;
- Be humble and transparent at all times;
- Help and make a difference wherever you go;
- Give your utmost best all the time;
- Protect the name of Halli Trust and correct people if you hear of any false statements or beliefs about Halli Trust;
- Learn and understand what Halli Trust is about. Learn our information page and the story behind Halli Trust;
- Look after your Halli Trust clothes. Make sure that they’re clean and wear them at all public events;
- Make sure you are a good example for others;
- Please ensure to always be on time;
- Please notify us 24 hours before an event should you not be available to attend;
- Give your best and build relationships with other people;
- Have a caring heart and respect for our community and for animals;
- To always be committed in order to make a difference in the community we serve;
- Have a teachable spirit;
- Please talk to us if you feel you need debriefing with regards to a particular situation;
- Please let us know should you need to cancel or put your volunteer services with Halli Trust on hold.
In addition, we also please need all volunteers to take note of the following:
- You should not expect or gain any rewards from us or anyone else but be part of Halli Trust to make a difference. In other words, check the motive of your heart;
- Please note that we do not offer any financial support;
- We do not have contracts with any volunteer, we only compensate where necessary for transport costs;
- We expect you not to use or sell any alcohol or drugs;
- We expect you to be a good example;
- When a child reports anything to you as a volunteer, it needs to be brought to our attention. You cannot deal with it or sort it out yourself;
- You will see and experience things out of your comfort zone. Please talk to us!
- If you are found guilty of any form of child abuse (verbal, sexual or physical) Halli Trust will ensure that appropriate action will be followed according to the Law of South Africa.
In completing the Halli Trust Volunteer form below, you agree with the following:
- I understand the above and accept what is expected of me as a volunteer;
- Name/Police Clearance Certificate (18 years and older) and Copy of my ID are attached (costs to be paid by the volunteer);
- Volunteer’s performance will be assessed/observed regularly and feedback given when and if necessary;
- Halli Trust has the right to cancel or terminate any volunteer’s service with immediate effect, should it be deemed necessary and/or should any of the above mentioned requirements not be fulfilled;
- I will not take my role as a volunteer lightly, but be 100% committed.
In addition, please upload your Name/Police Clearance Certificate (18 years and older) and copy of ID document below (Please note that costs are to be paid by the volunteer).